Herb Clutter

Herb Clutter

Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Last Days

Today I met with a Garden City representative of New York Life Insurance, as soon as I had arrived he was all smiles, not long after he reminded me of a local jest, that one about where I now write checks for the dollar-fifty haircuts. They all know I don't carry cash, thats the way I do business. 
Bob Johnson, that was the name of the agent. A stocky, somewhat bald, rather informal man. He had worked on me for over a year to get this sale. I wasn't 100% sure I wanted to do it, but end the end I knew I needed to. I have many wonderful things in my life. My kids, I shouldn't say it, but I'm real proud of them. 
After talking to Mr. Johnson for a while I finally reached for my pen, signed the check and pushed it across the table. "To tell the truth, I felt pretty good". It was the first payment of a forty-thousand dollar policy. 
Recently Nancy's boyfriend Bobby Rupp has been here, he is a frequent visitor. We all like Mr. Rupp, such a nice young man we watch tv often when he is here. He's known us since he was just little, and Nancy's the only girl he's ever dated.
Before I started getting ready for bed, my partner Mr. Van Vleet called, we talked business for awhile then after our conversation I went and watched 5 minutes of the news with Bobby, and Nancy they were sitting on the couch. After the weather report came on I came to bed. We all have church in the morning, so I'll see everyone then. Goodnight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment